A few weeks ago, I received an email from Sas from koken voor 1. And what a lovely email it was, she nominated me for a Liebster Award, because she likes my photos on Instagram. Yeah, what a great compliment, and how cool to be nominated for an award right at the time I launched The Little Cherry Tree. It could not be better! Thank you so much Sas!
The Liebster award is a digital award that is given to (beginning) bloggers by bloggers. This will help to get more exposure on the internet and allow people to get to know you a bit better. What a nice initiative! Besides receiving the award I can also nominate other bloggers, excellent!
Koken voor 1 posted some questions for me to answer so that you can find out more about who is the person behind The Little Cherry Tree. So, here we go!
1) me in 5 words / phrases: mother, healthy food, cooking, yoga, food photography & styling
2) why I started The Little Cherry Tree? The reason I started it was to have a platform to share with you my passions: food, yoga (focus) and photography. I think the internet is an excellent tool to share information and knowledge, although it is also very saturated already. But I am convinced that if you really want to be successful you can!
3) what I like most about blogging? For sure that it allows me to show what I do, share my passion and knowledge
5) what I like to cook for 1? portobello mushroom filled with goat cheese, pine nuts, thyme and honey, baked in the oven
7) describe your average day in food: I start with warm water with lemon on honey and some dried fruit or a home made energy bar or bliss ball. Then I go practice yoga. My post workout breakfast is an apple and a chia pudding or oatmeal. Lunch is soup time, with a roasted sandwich with cheese or hummus. As an afternoon snack I mostly take a smoothie, always with fruit and at least 1 vegetable. For dinner it differs a lot, lately I eat little carbohydrates in the evening, so it will be mostly steamed, stir fried or roasted vegetables with fish or frittata, always with a bowl of salad on the side.
8) My guilty pleasure? Raw dark chocolate… and many more…
9) What can you really enjoy? Going to the beach with my husband and son, even if it is cold and windy. The fresh sea breeze is free and energising. I love it!
10) What profession would you like to have when you are grown up? Easy one: yoga teacher, vegetable farmer and food photographer
11) What would you live to do most if you never have to work again? Have a yoga and suft center in the south of Europe where we serve food that is grown in our own vegetable garden
And now I have the pleasure to nominate, and what a pleasure it is! Congratulations to:
- Ilona Veldhoven, because she has been teaching me everything during my culinary photography course! Thank you so much! She is a great photographer herself by the way!
- Lucie Beck, I have met Lucie for the first time at the food photography & styling workshop Simone and Alex. Since then Lucie has been very successful in the photography and styling scene, and gives a great contribution by actively sharing her knowledge. Great job!
- Remke Vet, because she is makes beautiful photos and most importantly because she is a super nice person, I am happy to know you and share my passion with you!
- Wendy de Bruijne She launched her website around the same time as the little cherry tree was launched. So we more or less are in the same phase. We share the interest for good food, and want to make the most beautiful photos to share on social media
- My Type of Cooking, we like the same type of food and I really like his photos and flavour combinations (rhubarb it is!)
And lucky me, I get to ask these nice bloggers some questions so that you can get to know them better!
Here we go:
- What would like people to think when they read your blog / see your Instagram page?
- What is your greatest passion?
- What if your favourite place to take a photo and why?
- Which dish or product is your favourite for taking a photo?
- If I say golden hour, what do you think of?
- What is your favourite food, for which you do not mind waking up at night?
- If you get the chance to serve a dish to Yotam Ottolenghi, what would it be and why?
- If you would have a vegetable garden, what would be the first think you plant and what dish would you prepare with it?
- If I say basil, what is the first thing that pops up in your mind?
- What is your favourite cookbook?
- If you had to choose between grilled vegetables with haloumi or bacon and eggs, what would you choose?
Please bear in mind the following rules if you accept the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it somewhere on your blog.
- Respond to the questions provided by the blogger who nominated you for the award.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- Ask nominees 11 questions you would like them to answer on.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
And that would be it! If you would like to know more about the Liebster Award please visit here.
Congratulations and enjoy!1